Highly reputable Workman’s Compensation/ Insurance Defense firm located in Tucson, Arizona, is seeking a pro-active Paralegal to join its team. The office currently has two lawyers and three legal support members. You must be able work independently, have great customer service skills, horsepower for curiosity, file awareness, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. As a workers’ compensation litigation paralegal, the individual must be highly organized while managing north of 50+ unique cases on a rotating basis. Providing an exceptional internal or external client experience is paramount to the success of this position.
Job Qualifications and Detail
- Corresponding with Clients, Applicants, Opposing Counsel, and Experts
- Managing case matter files from beginning to end
- Intake and organization of voluminous production discovery documents received from Clients, Applicant’s, and/or Opposing Counsel
- Constant prioritization of workload based on rotating deadlines
- Communicate with Attorney to assist in all aspect of case litigation on a regular cycle
- Prepare pleadings, litigation documents, and filings at the request of the Attorney
- Prepare case files for depositions, pre-hearings, hearings, and further hearings
- Establish and maintain tracking, calendaring, and filing system for legal activities and scheduling.
Required Characteristics and Credentials
- Education: Associates Degree in related field -or- American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum 2 years in the legal industry
- Minimum billing expectation of 125 hours per month
- Intermediate or above skill-base in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Can successfully navigate difficult conversations while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to interact with Office Staff, Court Personnel, Opposing Counsel, and Clients in a professional manner
- Horsepower for curiosity
- Case Management awareness
Highly Desired Characteristics and Credentials
- Knowledge of Arizona Worker’s Compensation Law, Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure, local and state court rules
- Medical records knowledge
This position is classified as non-exempt and is considered full-time (40 hours per week). Hourly base commiserative with work experience. A healthcare offering/subsidy and PTO is available after 90 days of employment along and state-mandated sick time accrual starting your first day of employment. The firm currently recognizes six federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving in 2021, which are fully paid. The pay cycle is on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Operating hours of the firm are 8:30am-5:00pm.
Thank you for considering Moeller Law Office as a possible employer and for your time applying to our position.
Please apply to https://moellerlegal.com/careers/paralegal/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $23.00 per hour
Non-Employer personnel is not allowed into our building with the exception for Court Reporters who assist in Telephonic Depositions of Applicants (masks are required). Anyone not an employee of our firm must wear a mask.